22 March 2009

22 March 09

Ryan said I needed a blog last week and I laughed; John Byorth said the same thing. I didn't laugh so hard. I Googled blog +how to create and here I am.

the purpose of the blog: to inform people about the book I'm publishing: A Leg to Stand On, ISBN # 0-595-52928-3. It will be available from www.iuniverse.com in the very near future. Will let you know the exact date. More about the book in the next couple of days, when I see that this actually gets out into the blogosphere and I lose my fear.

The other reason for the blog is to communicate with people who are studying, working through, or are interested in the same problems that interest me: the state of humanitarianism in the world, the social, political and medical problems facing Africa and Afghanistan, how does an orthopaedic surgeon face the orthopaedic problems in the developing world,. I'll be working in Afghanistan in a few weeks and want to report back about what I see for those who are interested.
--Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment